Experienced & Persistent Legal Advocacy Take the First Step — Reach Out Now

Family Immigration Lawyer in Houston, Texas

Family is at the heart of every immigration story, and it is my honor to help families come together and remain united in the United States. At Calehr Law Firm, located in Houston, Texas, I leverage my personal and professional experiences to guide families through the details of U.S. immigration law.  

If you need assistance with any family-based immigration process, do not hesitate to contact me to schedule an initial consultation. I serve clients throughout the Greater Houston area, including Montrose, Greater Fifth Ward, Greater East End, Houston Heights, East Houston, Northside, Greater Uptown, Fort Bend, South Houston, and Clear Lake.  

Family Immigration Services I Offer 

I've gone through the immigration process myself, and I understand the emotional, financial, and legal challenges that families face when trying to bring their loved ones to the United States. That's why I am committed to providing compassionate and personalized services to help you achieve your immigration goals. Here are a few of the family immigration matters I can assist you with:  

Family-Based Green Cards 

One of the most common ways families immigrate to the United States is through family-based Green Cards. Whether you're looking to bring a spouse, child, parent, or sibling to the U.S., I can guide you through the detailed application process. I provide meticulous guidance on collecting required documentation, attending interviews, and meeting eligibility criteria to ensure a smooth and effective process for your loved ones. 

K-1 Fiancé(e) Visas 

The K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa permits U.S. citizens to bring their foreign national fiancé(e) to the United States for marriage. At Calehr Law Firm, I will help you understand the requirements and guide you through each step, from filing the initial petition to attending the visa interview. My goal is to facilitate a timely and smooth process, enabling you and your fiancé(e) to begin your life together in the U.S. as soon as possible. 

Don’t Wait to Get Help

Contact Me Today

Spousal Visas 

Spousal visas, including CR-1 and IR-1 visas, allow U.S. citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouses for permanent residency. I assist clients with both consular processing and adjustment of status applications, ensuring that you and your spouse are well-prepared for each stage of the application process. My personalized approach aims to minimize delays and achieve successful outcomes for couples seeking to build a life together in the United States. 

Petitions for Children 

Bringing your children to the United States is a top priority for many parents. Whether your children are minors, married, or unmarried, I can guide you through the petitions required to secure their immigration status. I provide comprehensive assistance with preparing and submitting petitions, understanding priority dates, and attending interviews. My goal is to reunite families promptly and seamlessly. 

Parent and Sibling Petitions 

U.S. citizens may petition for their parents and siblings to immigrate to the United States. At Calehr Law Firm, I handle these petitions with care and dedication, providing thorough support throughout the process. From gathering necessary documents to preparing for consular interviews, I see to it that your family's immigration journey is handled with the utmost professionalism and attention to detail. 

Conditional Residency and Removal of Conditions 

If you or your family member has conditional residency, it is crucial to file a petition to remove conditions before the two-year expiration date. I help clients prepare and submit Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, providing guidance on gathering evidence and preparing for interviews. My thorough approach helps pave an uninterrupted and secure pathway to permanent residency. 

Adoption-Related Immigration 

Adopting a child from another country involves unique immigration processes. I assist families with orphan petitions and Hague Convention adoptions, ensuring compliance with U.S. immigration laws and international adoption regulations. My services include preparing and submitting necessary applications, coordinating with adoption agencies, and guiding families through each stage of the immigration process. 

Supporting Families Every Step of the Way 

At Calehr Law Firm, I understand the emotional and legal challenges faced by families navigating the U.S. immigration system. I am committed to providing dedicated, empathetic, and professional services to help you achieve your immigration goals. Allow me to be your immigration law attorney and support your family’s immigration needs by scheduling a consultation today. Together, we can ensure that your family remains united in the United States. Contact Calehr Law Firm now to begin your family’s immigration journey with confidence. 

Family Immigration FAQs 

How long does the family-based green card process take? 

The timeline for obtaining a family-based green card varies depending on several factors, including the relationship of the applicant to the U.S. sponsor, the country of origin, and current government processing times. Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens (spouses, unmarried children under 21, and parents) typically experience shorter wait times since visas in these categories are not subject to yearly limits.  

However, other family preference categories, such as siblings or adult children, may face longer waits due to annual visa caps and high demand. 

What happens if my family-based visa application is denied? 

If your family-based visa application is denied, you will receive a written notice explaining the reasons for the denial. Common reasons for denial include insufficient documentation, inadmissibility issues, or failure to meet eligibility requirements.  

Depending on the situation, you may have the option to appeal the decision, file a motion to reopen or reconsider, or submit a new application. At Calehr Law Firm, I will analyze the reasons for your denial and advise on the best course of action to address the issues and improve your chances of a successful outcome. 

Can I work in the United States while my family-based green card application is pending? 

Yes, in many cases, you can work in the United States while your family-based green card application is pending. Applicants who are adjusting their status within the U.S. (from a non-immigrant visa to a green card) can apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), also known as a work permit, along with their adjustment of status application.  

Once the EAD is approved, you may legally work in the U.S. while waiting for the final decision on your green card application. At Calehr Law Firm, I assist clients in applying for work permits to ensure their transition is as smooth as possible. 

Family Immigration Lawyer in Houston, Texas

I want to be your go-to immigration lawyer in Houston, Texas, and it is my absolute priority to provide dedicated and personalized services that help immigrants fulfill their American dreams. Don't wait—contact Calehr Law Firm today for a consultation. My firm is here to support you every step of the way.